Monday, February 22, 2010

Home- Made Baby Bump

I received an order for a dress, sweet lady from Denver, who is 7 months pregnant. It was an urgent order, so I didn't have time to order a maternity size mannequin, so.....................

Using tape and a cushion, my mannequin is now prego.haha Sometimes, using items around the house is more than enough to get the job done. I think not to shabby...? looks like a pregnant tummy, no? This is just so I can drape on top. Not the prettiest, but not everything has to be.

The dress is in this very pretty pale blue silk chiffon fabric.
Making a dress for a pregnant women can be difficult, because have to keep the growing belly in mind. If one wears just a regular dress, and not a maternity, the front will hike up a lot. Front is usually 2- 3 inches longer to accomodate for the bump.
I love that I get all different types of women that comes to me for a dress. Definitely not as challenging if all I dress are skinny model types. It's the reason why I started this business; to cater to those, like me, who need custom sizing, custom attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment