Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SPRING into Action!

What is brewing in that workroom of mine you ask?

Yea, it's kinda hard to not be able to show my work, but for client's privacy, I must be keep quiet.hush!
You wouldn't want your wedding dresses to be shown before your wedding day either. So just make sense.

Which of course doesn't leave me much time for any other creativity. So sorry it's been slow on that part. Would love to be able to spit out every design I have running around my mind, but just doesn't work that way, since it does take much time to make a dress...especially from scratch. Oh raatts!

Just ordered rolls of fabric for Spring. So nice to see pretty soft & bright colors. Makes me want to start wearing pretty dresses..like NOW!!

Yup...this is my workroom(otherwise knwon as my basement, the dungeon, the space)
It's a mess..I know. Those of you who have been here knows.haha I figure why clean up the place for pictures..for show. You should see me EXACTLY as I am, the way I work.

I like to lay everything out. And I mean EVERYTHING. Silly, but I do think this helps with my creative process. I want to be able to eye everything, so I can create and not have to go opening my draws to hunt for what might or not be there. JUst would be wasting so much time if I have to do that.

I also bought extra mannequins. I have 6 so far, but still just doesn't seem like it's enough since I can be working on 6-7 projects at the same time. Plus, think about how many different sizes of women there are. So guys I have a size 0, 2, 4, 8,12 and one dispaly size 4.

NEW styles for SPRING!!


Pics of the weaving process.....seems endless, but I enjoyed it a lot. It's like making a sculpture, a little at a time. Remind me of my fine art days at LaGuardia H.S.

hehe this one below is the abandon skirt portion to the pshotoshoot dress. This is too tame for the shoot. You'll see why when you see what the theme is. I love all my babies, so will get back to it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment