Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Need Designer Fabrics at a great price??

You all heard of MOOD from Project Runway, but they can get pretty pricey. If you want good quality fabric at an affordable price for any project small or big, try METRO TEXTILE. They are about 1/20 the size of MOOD, but offers fabric 30-50% less than MOOD or any of the other fabric stores in the Fashion District. Why??
METRO is a secret amongst us fashion alums of F.I.T & Parsons. It's not a storefront that can be seen. They are inside a building and on the 9th floor. SO unless you know exactly where to look, you won't find them.
Their prices are the main reason why I drop by before ordering even from my wholesale venders.
But hurry, fabrics come and go at a blink of an eye here. SO if you like something, chances are some else will snatch it up too.


This is Kashi, owner of Metro. The nicest and friendliest man you'll ever meet.

I have a thing for beading and sequins. This is gold sequins with splashes of purples...I love. haha you won't find it there anymore. I bought the whole roll as you can see. (I'll show you how to tell from cheap and good quality sequins later on)
Tons and tons of fabric. For tights, curtains, pillows,wool coats, anything really.

This was end of the day. Messy after been touched by people who don't roll it back.
(I use to work at BR back in college and hated it when customers touch any pile of clothes, cus I know that I will be spending hours folding and stacking them back up. Worst when they pull from the bottom of the pile...haha then the whole stack tumbles over. good heavens!!)
This is what I picked up for myself on the last trip to see Kashi. Fall/ Winter fabric. I need new clothes..for myself, not for my line. :P yea....honestly, I really don't shop much anymore. Unless it's accessories: handbag, shoes..things I can't make...Sweater!! (they are a pain to knit. Envy those that have the patience to sit and count stitches) The most I can do is knit a scarf and with with chunky yarn so I can finish in one day.




No comments:

Post a Comment